Thursday, March 13, 2008

DESIGN BRIEF 03
TYPOGRAPHY STRUCTURE

BRIEF 3.2

Taking the layout of brief 3.1 and including my own response of the essay with illustrations and experimental format the booklet became very interesting and dynamic. I decided to explore different illustrations made by ink, scan them and trace them out for using them for my experimental booklet. For the layout of the text I started to experiment different formats, colors, fonts, placement of text in a very interesting way. I did not wanted to keep the straight format of brief 3.1 and even 3.2.

I really think that typography is very beautiful and their is so much to learn concerning of making something mean what as a designer wants to express in their piece. I did not wanted to make a clean and standard layout because I wanted to experiment myself braking the rules as some designers do such as David Carson.

These are some of the pages I did for brief 3.2
How you see is very experimental, the illustrations are organic, and the paper used is also organic. However I am experimenting with different textures of paper and colors to see which of them riches the best.

I hope you enjoy this assignment guys!!! Because I did!!!














No comments: